Monday, September 3, 2012

Special Edition: Proverbial Lolcats

As people who follow the Latin Via Proverbs blog know, I've had some trouble figuring out how to fit the current project (Latin proverbs filtered by the Dickinson Core Latin Vocabulary list) into the craziness of the school year. I just don't have time to do the grammatical sorting during the school year, since that takes some extended time and concentration - when I can only do little snippets of Latin here and there. Finally, though, I think I have found a solution. I'll be adding a blog post every day over at Latin Via Proverbs blog with 10 proverbs that each feature the same vocabulary item, and all the vocabulary items will be on the Dickinson list... AND there will be a "proverbial Lolcat" in Latin for each one (or some other kind of meme... but I like the cats best). I hope you will enjoy them! Then, when summer comes, I'll hunker down and do the grammatical classifications. Meanwhile, enjoy! I've pasted in below the first week's worth of proverbial cats: