Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Round-Up: October 23

Here is a round-up of today's Bestiaria Latina blog posts (you can browse through previous round-ups at the Bestiaria Latina Blog archives).

LatinViaFables.com: I'm now starting to go through Barlow's Aesop again, preparing the materials for a forthcoming book with Bolchazy-Carducci! So, as I republish the fables at LatinViaFables.com, they will have accompanying vocabulary and grammar notes, something I had not included in my previous recitation of these fables. Here is the fable I published today: De cane mordaci, The Dog Who Bites, a funny story about a foolish dog who thinks that the bell he wears to warn others about his bad nature is some kind of badge of honor!

Here is the Barlow illustration - notice that it shows a "dog with a clog" instead of a bell:



Keep up with the latest posts... Get the RSS feed, or you can subscribe by email.