Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Round-Up: October 16

Here is a round-up of today's Bestiaria Latina blog posts (you can browse through previous round-ups at the Bestiaria Latina Blog archives).

LatinViaFables.com: I'm now starting to go through Barlow's Aesop again, preparing the materials for a forthcoming book with Bolchazy-Carducci! So, as I republish the fables at LatinViaFables.com, they will have accompanying vocabulary and grammar notes, something I had not included in my previous recitation of these fables. So far this week, I have posted two fables there: De lupo ovis pelle induto, The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, a story about a wolf who deservedly comes to no good, and De vulpe et rana, The Fox and The Frog, where the fox unmasks the would-be "Dr. Frog" for being a fraud!

Here are the Barlow illustrations for those two fables:





Keep up with the latest posts... Get the RSS feed, or you can subscribe by email.