Monday, October 1, 2007

Round-Up: October 1

I hope everybody had a great weekend! Here is a round-up of today's Bestiaria Latina blog posts (you can browse through previous round-ups at the Bestiaria Latina Blog archives).

Latina Carolina: In the latest post, I've provided 20 Vulgate Bible verses (or parts of Bible verses, actually) which are specially selected for Capitulum I of the Lingua Latina: Familia Romana textbook. Based on the progression of grammar as presented in the textbook, I'll create a similar list of 20-30 Vulgate Bible verses for each chapter. This is related to the book project I am busily trying to finish this week, which is a volume of 4000 Vulgate verses organized grammatically, just like the Latin Via Proverbs book. Fingers crossed: I finished proofreading yesterday, and just need to generate the camera-ready copy for the folks at Lulu.com.

For an image today, I'll let the Roman Emperor of the Week widget supply us with a portrait of this week's emperor!




(If you are reading this via email, you will need to visit the blog to see the image in action.)

Keep up with the latest posts... Get the RSS feed, or you can subscribe by email